Yesterday we ran the RB211 for the first time. It started flawlessly with no major problems. More videos to follow soon.
The Stad 250 is almost ready to test. I’ve swapped the Viper for something a bit larger, a Rolls Royce Spey 250 from a Nimrod!
Last weekend I performed another dry motoring run on the Rb211. Unfortunately now that the tach gen is working it is clear that the air-start cart on it’s own is not sufficient to start the engine to the required RPM for safe starting.
Work started on putting the transportation frame supports together. Bad weather bought everything to a halt.
Repair and renovation to gas generator fairings complete. See under RB21122b for pictures and info.
Electronics complete and now working. Current job is to continue cleaning up the engine and building the rig for the transportation frame.